Forbidden acts for those in
361. The following five things are Haraam for junub:
- To touch with any part of one's body the script of the holy Qur'an or the
Name of Almighty Allah in whichever language it may be. And it is better that
the names of the holy Prophet and Imams and Hazrat Fatima Zahra (peace be
upon them) should also not be touched in that condition.
- Entering Masjidul Haraam or Masjidun Nabi, even though it may be only passing
from one gate and going out of another.
- To stay or halt in all other Masjids, and similarly, on the basis of obligatory
precaution, to stay in the shrines of the holy Imams. However, there is no
harm if one crosses or traverses through a mosque, entering from one gate
and exiting from another.
- To enter a mosque with an intention of lifting away something or placing
something in it.
- To recite those verses of the holy Qur'an on the recitation of which performance
of Sajdah becomes obligatory. These verses occur in four surahs of the holy
- Surah Alif Lam Mim as-Sajdah, 32:15
- Surah Ha Mim Sajdah, 41:38
- Surah an-Najm, 53:62
- Surah al 'Alaq, 96:19